ICAI CA Intermediate Corporate and Other Law Syllabus
Paper-2: Corporate and Other LawsOne Paper - Three Hours - 100 Marks
Part I: Company Law (60 Marks)
To develop an understanding of the provisions of Company Law and acquire the capability to address application-oriented issues
ContentsThe Companies Act, 2013 - Sections 1 to 148
- Incorporation of Company and Matters Incidental thereto
- Prospectus and Allotment of Securities
- Share Capital and Debentures
- Acceptance of Deposits by companies
- Registration of Charges
- Management and Administration
- Declaration and payment of Dividend
- Accounts of Companies
- Audit and Auditors.
NOTE The provisions of the Companies Act, 1956 which are still in force would form part of the syllabus till the time their corresponding or new provisions of the Companies Act, 2013 are enforced.
Part II: Other Laws (40 Marks)
- To develop and understanding of the provisions of select legislations and acquire the ability to address application oriented issues
- To develop an understanding of the rules for interpretation of statutes.
- The Indian Contract Act, 1872 (Specific contracts covered from section 123 onwards): Contract of Indemnity and Guarantee, Bailment, Pledge, Agency.
- The Negotiable Instruments Act, 1881: Meaning of Negotiable Instruments, Characteristics, Classification of Instruments, Different provisions relating to Negotiation, Negotiability, Assignability, Right and Obligation of parties, presentment of Instruments, Rules of Compensation.
- The General Clauses Act, 1897: Important Definitions, Extent and Applicability, General Rules of Construction, Powers and Functionaries, Provisions as to Orders, Rules, etc. made under Enactments, Miscellaneous.
NOTE If new legislations are enacted in place of the existing legislations, the syllabus would include the corresponding provisions of such new legislations with effect from a date notified by the Institute. Similarly if any existing legislation ceases to have effect, the syllabus will accordingly exclude such legislation with effect from the date to be notified by the Institute.
The specific inclusions/exclusions in the various topics covered in the syllabus will be effected every year by way of Study Guidelines, if required.
Learn Company Law for CA Intermediate (New Syllabus) Exam. In this video you will learn Features of Company for Company Law chapter 1. Also we have added a playlist, which contains a series of videos that will help you with understanding preliminaries of Company law as per Companies Act. Please watch if you like it please give video comment, like and subscribe our channel on youtube. For more details about us, the student can contact us.
To Read Our Student Success Stories Click